With a myriad uses from salad dressings and drinks to baking and cooking, the humble lemon is an all-year-round favourite. Mouton Citrus predominantly grow the Eureka and Eureka seedless varieties.
- The Eureka variety is the world’s most widely grown lemon.
- Hailing from California, grown from seeds imported from Sicily in 1858.
- Rind thickness is medium to thin
- High juice content with a high acid level
- Seeds are few (not more than 5), sometimes it is seedless
- Harvested April to August
Did you know?
- Food historians say lemons have been in cultivation around the Mediterranean from as early as the first century A.D.
- During the European Renaissance, fashionable ladies used lemon juice as a way to redden their lips.